Full-Time MBA Program


The Haas School and UC Berkeley offer a number of resources to help ease your transition to the area. University housing services is a good place to search for basic information. In addition, the Haas Partners Club provides further resources for new Haas students and their partners and families, including information about childcare.


Berkeley graduate students have a variety of housing options to consider:

Off-Campus Housing

The University's Cal Rentals service offers counseling on all housing options, both on-campus as well as off-, and also provides a rental listing service for a small fee. Counseling sessions can help students weigh their housing options and customize an effective house-hunting plan if looking for off-campus rentals. Counselors can provide information on setting up utilities, commuting, school and childcare resources, rental safety issues, and more.

Graduate students are welcome to e-mail their housing questions to, call (510) 642-3642, or come by the Residential and Student Services Building (RSSB) at 2610 Channing Way, Berkeley, CA 94720-2272.

University Housing

University-sponsored housing includes family housing, university residence halls, and two apartment complexes which are reserved exclusively for graduate students.

  • Manville Apartments - 132 small, unfurnished studio apartments for single law and graduate students. The waiting list is first come, first served.
  • College Durant Apartments - 120 graduate students live in this new, conveniently located complex with furnished, shared apartments ranging in size from 2 to 6 bedrooms. All bedrooms are single occupancy with high-speed internet lines included. Apartments have shared bath(s), living room, and kitchen. Common areas include study rooms, outdoor central courtyard, and laundry facility.
  • Family Housing - Over 800 students live in University Village (Albany) and Smyth Fernwald apartment complexes for students with families, spouses, or partners. Rental rates for family student housing are very reasonable and include all utilities except telephone service and onsite parking. The waiting list is first come, first served.
  • University residence halls - Most graduate students live in apartments in the community, but if you are looking for a more structured living environment, you might consider the university residence halls. Room and board rates for the academic year start at $9145. Go to Berkeley's housing website to apply online.

Alternative University-Affiliated Housing

  • International House is a residence and program center that houses approximately 600 students, most of whom are at the graduate level. About half of the residents are US citizens; the other half are students from approximately 60 foreign countries. I-House is less than a five minute walk from Haas, which makes it an attractive housing option.
  • Berkeley Student Cooperative (Co-ops) is a nonprofit cooperative system that is owned and operated by its student members. It houses over 1,200 single students in 20 rooming houses and apartment buildings close to campus. One house, the Convent, is all singles and is available for grad and re-entry students only.
  • Casa Joaquin Murieta and the Frente Graduate Center house 45 low-income, re-entry, first generation Xicana/o students, although all students are welcome.

Child Care

The university offers a nationally accredited child care program on a space-available basis to children ages 3 months to 7 years old. At least one parent must be a registered UC Berkeley student. As space becomes available, enrollment is extended to families based on gross income.