The Berkeley MBA Advantage
The Berkeley MBA Program develops innovative leaders who know how to put new ideas to work, and to do so responsibly.
By leveraging the innovative energy that's ever-present in Berkeley-Haas culture and in the business ecosystem of the San Francisco Bay Area, the program teaches you how to seize opportunities, challenge conventional wisdom, and act creatively.
Anchored in a rigorous general management curriculum, the program gives you the breadth and depth of knowledge to be a leader in any type of organization, including global firms, startups, nonprofits, or a business of your own.
An Exceptional, Collaborative Community
- People: Along every dimension, Haas faculty, students, and staff are characterized by the high quality standards of their work, their exceptional talents and creativity, their intelligence, and their diversity of experience.
- Culture: Berkeley MBA faculty, students, and alumni embody the core values of the Haas School — they possess confidence without attitude, question the status quo, think beyond themselves, and are students always. Our entire culture is about fresh thinking. This is Berkeley, after all.
- Network: You develop lifelong professional and personal connections as a member of the Haas School's robust alumni network.
A Rigorous General Management Curriculum
- Business fundamentals: The curriculum is anchored in the fundamentals of general management, from finance and marketing to strategy and organizational behavior. It is designed for deep thinking about current and future management and business issues.
- Leadership skills: Your skills as a leader are developed across multiple dimensions, including lessons in how to deliver strategic, operational, and organizational innovations.
- Experiential learning: You will enlarge your innovative leadership skills by taking a required experiential course that will enable you to hone your leadership skills in a real-life setting. You choose at least one of eight programs that focus on applied innovation, international business development, social sector solutions, entrepreneurship, and more. Extracurricular activities also provide opportunities for hands-on learning.
- Diverse electives: Your program of study is flexible, allowing customization to suit your interests; interdisciplinary, drawing on the breadth and depth of UC Berkeley; and innovative, inviting you to design your own electives.
- Global focus: You will gain skills essential to global aspects of management throughout the curriculum, and in a series of special programs involving international study experiences.
Opening Doors to Career Success
- When the world's most selective organizations seek new talent, they turn to Haas.
- Recruiters regularly report that they choose Haas because the Berkeley MBA Program produces collaborative leaders who possess confidence without attitude.
- You will have opportunities to further your career, or launch a new one, as the program's highly personalized career services office works with you to achieve your professional goals.
Where New Ideas Thrive
- The San Francisco Bay Area is an unrivaled business ecosystem known for its innovation, entrepreneurship, and forward-moving change — as well as its magnificent scenery, ideal climate, and vast array of outdoor activities. Innovation is part of the ethos of this area, and you feel it every day at Haas.
- Integrated into this ecosystem are the University of California Berkeley and the Haas School of Business, which generate knowledge and ideas through the pioneering work of faculty. And Haas has creatively linked its courses and programs across disciplines at Berkeley.
- Our faculty are recognized worldwide for their innovative research and thought leadership. In fact, Haas School professor Oliver Williamson was awarded the 2009 Nobel Prize in Economics Sciences, the second time in 15 years a Haas professor has received the honor.
Other Related Links