The Haas School's highly regarded reputation in the business community and its location in the heart of the San Francisco Bay Area provide Berkeley MBA graduates with an ideal gateway to many of the world's most selective organizations across a variety of industries.
While you are in the Berkeley MBA program, you will learn how to manage a successful career and prepare yourself to secure the job you want after graduation. The Career Management Group combines highly personalized services, quality programs, and state-of-the-art tools to assist you in thinking strategically about your career objectives and to offer you a structured approach to tackling the job market.
Accessible Career Experts
The Career Management Group also offers a broad range of services from experienced advisors, coaches, managers, and practitioners at all stages of the career planning process.
- Career Advisors – Experienced professionals help you determine your career goals, develop your skills, and structure and implement an effective job search.
- Account Managers – Senior-level account managers maintain hundreds of relationships with companies.
- MBA Career Coaches – A select group of experienced second-year MBA students mentor first-year students through the interview and career search processes.
Extensive Training Programs and Activities
The Career Management Group offers a full schedule of diverse programs and activities to prepare you for success.
- Career Management Conference – Accelerate your preparations for the job search process during an intensive, two-day conference during your first year.
- Career Management Seminar – A series of four workshops to help students develop career strategy and marketing tools for their internship search.
- Premium Programs – A series of workshops and seminars taught by industry and leadership development experts, is designed to give you an advantage in interview preparation and a head start on career success.
- Case and Interview Preparation – Firms such as JP Morgan, Goldman Sachs, Clorox, Bain, and McKinsey & Co. are invited into the classroom to train students how to apply their classroom skills in the interview room.
- Job Search Teams – An intensive six-week program that utilizes teamwork and Haas expertise helps you quickly launch a strong job search in your chosen field.
- Corporate Visits and Tech Treks – The Career Management Group helps organize special visits by Berkeley MBA students to various organizations around the world.
- Specific Industry Programs – A diverse set of activities and events tailored to specific industries, such as the Analyzing Careers in Real Estate Program (ACRE) or the Investment Banking Fellows Program, which both partner students with relevant alumni.
Tools that Make a Difference
Berkeley MBA students have access to some of the best online job search and career resources available.
- CareerNet – The school's state-of-the-art student careers website enables you to stay on top of the job market by providing instant access to career tools, as well as employer and event information.
- Virtual Interview Coaching – A custom tool that enables you to review model responses to common interview questions, review critical components of a case interview, and even practice and video-record your responses to solicit coaching and feedback from a consultant.
"The Career Management Office was very helpful when I was looking for my internship. I especially appreciated the second-year career coaches. They had already been through what I was experiencing. In mock interviews they taught me about traps to avoid. They gave me tips and lots of good advice."